Monday, June 23, 2008

Ocean Currents in central NJ



I wasn't kidding when I said I needed a shot of color in my knitting life.


Behold the beginnings of Ocean Currents from Sheryl Thies's fascinating OCEAN BREEZES book of scarf patterns.


What's that you said? It looks like a wandering bikini bottom in that first photo taken late last night? I can't disagree. It does.

Now take a look at my morning progress. I'm beginning to finally see what shape the stitch pattern is taking, bobbly bits and twisty bits and all, and I think I'm very happy. Also notice, if you will, the difference in color in the two shots. The second shot (natural light) is the most accurate.
Quick stats: Elann Endless Summer Luna in #5028. KnitPicks Options #5.
The yarn is gorgeous to work with, very silky in the hand, but it splits very easily and tends to untwist itself if you have to (heaven forbid) tink or (gasp) frog.
Not that I ever tink or frog, you understand, being the perfect knitter that I am . . .
Stay tuned for The Lace That Kicked My Butt.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Very lovely! I hope all goes well with the lace, though the teaser for your next post doesn't sound promising...

2:25 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Wow, that's PINK. You weren't kidding about needing some color! Looks lovely thus far.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Gorgeous, Barbara. Really, really. Good luck with the project.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home